Waterway Teleweir questions

3dogowner

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 11, 2014
Seattle, WA
OK, my new endless pool comes with a Waterway Teleweir with a Pleatco (PWW50L) screw-in 50 SF paper filter cartridge.
skimfilter_50ftteleweir_510-4600_dim.jpgskimfilter_50ftteleweir_510-46001.jpgCapture__40456__28114__41947.1402961772.1280.1280.jpg

After running it for the first 2 weeks, I noticed the filter was full of brown gunk, which I surmise to be factory gunk, so I replaced the Pleatco threaded 50 SF filter with a Clarathon FC 2375. The Clarathon has the correct dimensions, but only 25 SF of surface area and is not screw in. I then added a knee high nylon hose sock directly over the filter cartridge - as an attempt to more easily catch dog hair.....

Questions:
Will the cartridge float too high in the canister allowing water to flow past the cartridge? or will the water flow pull it down into place? how would I know?
Will the 25 SF and possible flow by volume be too little and too much respectively to allow for reasonable filtering? how would I know?
Has anyone ever used a sock in this system?
Will my placement of the nylon sock directly over the cartridge be useful?
I couldn't figure out how to otherwise place a sock as there is a twist-on lock-down drain-through cover that would seem to tear up the sock where you would stretch it over the basket edge. When I added CYA, I literally put it in an old gym sock, knotted the top, then tied it with string to the outside of the weir.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.