LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Was wondering how/where others store their filter and pump hoses for the winter? We get below freezing temps all winter and was wondering if there is a better way to store them. I coil mine and put them in a very large round tub, then put them in the garage. I am considering putting them in the tub and leaving them outside under a tarp for the winter. That is where we put all our patio chairs and the pool ladder for the winter.
Any thoughts?
Thanks and I love TFP.

There are several options. As my basement is unfinished, I have several j-hooks attached to the floor joists above. I hang the hoses on these, and allow them to drain what little water is left.

I recently closed a friend's pool, and have the two hoses from the skimmer and return still attached to the respective poolside fittings, to allow any build-up of water from winter precipitation to drain away from the pool. All the rest of the equipment (sand filter included -- what a pain -- ) moved to his semi-heated shop. He keeps the shop above freezing, but just barely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.