Green pool and water level below intake

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
So, we are going to work at closing up the pool this weekend. Currently it is green. I haven't run any tests on it yet.

The problem is that the water level is already below the intake so we can not run the filter and pump. Is there any way to clean up the pool without having the filter and pump hooked up? We don't want to bring up the level of the water just to have to drain it back down. We are in the country and are on a well and we really don't want to drain our well down going in to winter as it is a real pain to haul water in the winter when it is freezing outside.

I may have a little tiny pump from an older Intex pool that we could possibly rig up some way. I doubt it would be big enough to be very effective, but it may just move the water around. It is just a little cartridge one.

What options, if any, do we have?

THANKS!!!

If you used a threaded male adapter and some piping, you could run your regular pump as if everything is normal. The piping would act like your skimmer.

Baring refill, you could pour liquid chlorine around the perimeter and let your intex circulate it, or just use your leaf net and row, row, row your boat.

If its really green, I doubt that you will get enough circulation without getting your regular pump and filter going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.