Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tropical Storm/Hurricane coming...Baby Gate up?

1. Back To Top    #1

Tropical Storm/Hurricane coming...Baby Gate up?

Hi,
    I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll start here.

We're in SW Florida, awaiting TS Fay's arrival tomorrow. So I'm getting my yard "storm ready". We have a Baby Barrier around our uncaged pool. Should I leave it up or take it down before the storm gets here? I know it's helpful to keep debris out, but I know what that wind does to aluminum pool cages I would imagine a baby barrier would fare the same.

We're also on a canal, and if storm surge is our biggest problem, I'll be back later to find out how to get the canal water that's in my pool 'balanced'

Thanks! (And anyone else in the storm's path, "stay safe"!!)

Kathy
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole thing...so I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane coming...Baby Gate up?

Hopefully it will remain a Tropical storm and it won't be to bad.
    We had one two weeks ago and it wasn't bad, just lost electricity for about 6 hrs.
    Ya'll be carefull and good luck.
    Noob Here!
    24' Above Ground
    Aquatrol SWG
    1 1/2 hp pump, sand filter