Polaris 360

lsbarkley

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2007
New Jersey
Just wanted to put my review of the Polaris 360 in. It is a pressure side cleaner that requires no additional booster pump. It filters into its own bag so what it vacs doesnt go to the filter. We just recently installed a fiberglass pool and almost decided against the pressure side upgrade, but sure glad we didnt. It is so easy..just plug it into the fitting and let it go. The pain of manual vac is getting the air out of the line all the time. I still manual vac once every week to get the sand/dirt still remaining since we havent finished our landscaping and have lots of sand here in NJ at the shore. I give the Polaris 360 a high recommendation. Hopefully others feel the same way.

Another Polaris lover here!! It took me a while to get the right amount of pressure to it where it backs up around the steps but once I did it's been wonderful! Only thing I wish I would have done in the first place was buy a few extra bags, their so much easier to clean out when they are dry ;)

-Thomas

I loved my Polaris 380, until a line broke underground. I replaced it with a Blue Diamond and now am very happy the line broke. You cannot compare the two. The BD cleans so much better than the polaris.

I got my 360 on EBay (new $325) and I love it. I turned up the pressure and now it can climb the walls to the waterline. Getting the extra bag is a good idea, it is much easier to clean the bag when it is dry :bump:

Since I didnt know what a Blue Diamond Cleaner was I did a quick search. It costs over $1100! I got my polaris 360 for $200 from someone who only used it 3 times and was moving. For the price savings I am happy with my 360....sure beats the manual vacuum everyday!

lsbarkley said:
Since I didnt know what a Blue Diamond Cleaner was I did a quick search. It costs over $1100! I got my polaris 360 for $200 from someone who only used it 3 times and was moving. For the price savings I am happy with my 360....sure beats the manual vacuum everyday!

I think I've seen the Polaris 360 list for over $500 which is a little steep. I got mine NIB off of eBay for $350 out the door.

UWIMAGE (or anyone else for that matter); I just bought a Polaris 360, and have the pressure on my dedicated line set at 15 psi per my pool service dept.'s recommendation. It has trouble with the steps, always gets stuck at the same point until it just floats away and re-starts in another area. Is my pressure to low? At what PSI did you set the pressure?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to increase the pressure on mine, it gets out of the steps most of the time...it still keeps the pool clean and keeps me from having to pull out the antique vacuum :)

It's not perfect by any means but it works better than me!

Not to bring up an old subject...but I've recently gotten one of the 'leaf bags'....simply awesome! it holds about twice as much as the standard bag, gets all the acorns & leaves!

I can't imagine not having a cleaner with keeping the pool 'open' year round (we don't swim but my wife likes the look of the pool).

-Thomas

I was kicking myself. I bought a new bag for our Polaris 280 after the original one started to wear out and it never ocurred to be to get the leaf bag. doh!

It does a great job of getting all the leaves, but sure does fill up quick. Next time it will be the larger bag!

grivera said:
UWIMAGE (or anyone else for that matter); I just bought a Polaris 360, and have the pressure on my dedicated line set at 15 psi per my pool service dept.'s recommendation. It has trouble with the steps, always gets stuck at the same point until it just floats away and re-starts in another area. Is my pressure to low? At what PSI did you set the pressure?

Let me preface by saying I do not have a dedicated return, but the device still works wonderfully I have to use a smaller eyeball on the second return jet to increase my psi from normal of 13 to 20 (ish).

CaryB

a little trick for the 360

I buy the cheap leaf bags and use the wife's panty hose ( knee high) as a sand filter. just drop in in the bag and fold the sock over the edge and it works great on the leaf stainer too you can get them at wal mart really cheap

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.