Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360

Just wanted to put my review of the Polaris 360 in. It is a pressure side cleaner that requires no additional booster pump. It filters into its own bag so what it vacs doesnt go to the filter. We just recently installed a fiberglass pool and almost decided against the pressure side upgrade, but sure glad we didnt. It is so easy..just plug it into the fitting and let it go. The pain of manual vac is getting the air out of the line all the time. I still manual vac once every week to get the sand/dirt still remaining since we havent finished our landscaping and have lots of sand here in NJ at the shore. I give the Polaris 360 a high recommendation. Hopefully others feel the same way.
    14 x 32 Fiberglass Pool 10K gal. Hayward Pump and Sand Filter. Autopilot SWG Dig 48 and Heat Siphon 3.25sx Heat Pump.

The Pool Calculator
    Chlorine/CYA Chart by Chemgeek

2. Back To Top    #2
    I agree. Ours does a great job as well. We hardly ever pull out the vacuum (about twice a year).
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

3. Back To Top    #3

Another Polaris lover here!! It took me a while to get the right amount of pressure to it where it backs up around the steps but once I did it's been wonderful! Only thing I wish I would have done in the first place was buy a few extra bags, their so much easier to clean out when they are dry

-Thomas
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

4. Back To Top    #4

I loved my Polaris 380, until a line broke underground. I replaced it with a Blue Diamond and now am very happy the line broke. You cannot compare the two. The BD cleans so much better than the polaris.
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

5. Back To Top    #5
    I got my 360 on EBay (new $325) and I love it. I turned up the pressure and now it can climb the walls to the waterline. Getting the extra bag is a good idea, it is much easier to clean the bag when it is dry
    SW Connecticut
    18,000 Gal Freeform
    Gunite/White plaster

6. Back To Top    #6
    My only gripe with my Polaris 360 is that I have this new pool buster that isn't getting used because it is doing such a good job.
    16x32 vinyl inground pool
    2 speed 1hp Hayward Super Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Hahahaha! What a problem to have, eh?
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Since I didnt know what a Blue Diamond Cleaner was I did a quick search. It costs over $1100! I got my polaris 360 for $200 from someone who only used it 3 times and was moving. For the price savings I am happy with my 360....sure beats the manual vacuum everyday!
    14 x 32 Fiberglass Pool 10K gal. Hayward Pump and Sand Filter. Autopilot SWG Dig 48 and Heat Siphon 3.25sx Heat Pump.

The Pool Calculator
    Chlorine/CYA Chart by Chemgeek

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lsbarkley
    Since I didnt know what a Blue Diamond Cleaner was I did a quick search. It costs over $1100! I got my polaris 360 for $200 from someone who only used it 3 times and was moving. For the price savings I am happy with my 360....sure beats the manual vacuum everyday!
    I think I've seen the Polaris 360 list for over $500 which is a little steep. I got mine NIB off of eBay for $350 out the door.
    16x32 vinyl inground pool
    2 speed 1hp Hayward Super Pump

10. Back To Top    #10

UWIMAGE (or anyone else for that matter); I just bought a Polaris 360, and have the pressure on my dedicated line set at 15 psi per my pool service dept.'s recommendation. It has trouble with the steps, always gets stuck at the same point until it just floats away and re-starts in another area. Is my pressure to low? At what PSI did you set the pressure?
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

11. Back To Top    #11

I had to increase the pressure on mine, it gets out of the steps most of the time...it still keeps the pool clean and keeps me from having to pull out the antique vacuum

It's not perfect by any means but it works better than me!

12. Back To Top    #12

Not to bring up an old subject...but I've recently gotten one of the 'leaf bags'....simply awesome! it holds about twice as much as the standard bag, gets all the acorns & leaves!

I can't imagine not having a cleaner with keeping the pool 'open' year round (we don't swim but my wife likes the look of the pool).

-Thomas

13. Back To Top    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by uwimage
    Not to bring up an old subject...but I've recently gotten one of the 'leaf bags'....simply awesome! it holds about twice as much as the standard bag, gets all the acorns & leaves!
    Thanks for the reminder...I need to do the same!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

14. Back To Top    #14
    I was kicking myself. I bought a new bag for our Polaris 280 after the original one started to wear out and it never ocurred to be to get the leaf bag. doh!

It does a great job of getting all the leaves, but sure does fill up quick. Next time it will be the larger bag!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

15. Back To Top    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by grivera
    UWIMAGE (or anyone else for that matter); I just bought a Polaris 360, and have the pressure on my dedicated line set at 15 psi per my pool service dept.'s recommendation. It has trouble with the steps, always gets stuck at the same point until it just floats away and re-starts in another area. Is my pressure to low? At what PSI did you set the pressure?
    Let me preface by saying I do not have a dedicated return, but the device still works wonderfully I have to use a smaller eyeball on the second return jet to increase my psi from normal of 13 to 20 (ish).

CaryB
    CaryB
    36 x 18 IG vinyl, 25K, 1 HP pump, sand filter
    1 skimmer, 2 returns, no main drain
    Old school: PoolSolutions test kit

16. Back To Top    #16

a little trick for the 360

I buy the cheap leaf bags and use the wife's panty hose ( knee high) as a sand filter. just drop in in the bag and fold the sock over the edge and it works great on the leaf stainer too you can get them at wal mart really cheap
    Shannon
    18,000 gallon octagon vinyl liner pool. Sand filter. Main drain closed.