Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
For anyone thinking of buying Jandy "EE" series heat pumps, I received this from Jandy:

The EE model and parts are still available but they were discontinued as of this year. We will indeed support it for another several years however, at one point it will become difficult to find parts for the EE heat pump. I would suggest, as a pool owner myself, consider the JE before the EE.

I was thinking of buying the EE1500, but now they made it larger and reduced performance considerably:
EE1500T Jandy Pro Series 80K BTU, 7.2 COP, 410A, 230V/60Hz/1 Phase, Heater, Titanium, Digital, 26" x 35"
JE1500T Jandy Pro Series Heat 72K BTU, 5.5 COP, 410A, 230V/60HZ, 1 Phase, Jandy Interface, 33" x 39"

Off to do more research.

For anyone thinking of buying Jandy "EE" series heat pumps, I received this from Jandy:

The EE model and parts are still available but they were discontinued as of this year. We will indeed support it for another several years however, at one point it will become difficult to find parts for the EE heat pump. I would suggest, as a pool owner myself, consider the JE before the EE.

I was thinking of buying the EE1500, but now they made it larger and reduced performance considerably:
EE1500T Jandy Pro Series 80K BTU, 7.2 COP, 410A, 230V/60Hz/1 Phase, Heater, Titanium, Digital, 26" x 35"
JE1500T Jandy Pro Series Heat 72K BTU, 5.5 COP, 410A, 230V/60HZ, 1 Phase, Jandy Interface, 33" x 39"

Off to do more research.

Afaik Jandy doesn't make their own heat pumps. The c.o.p. of 7.2 seems a little bit far fetched to me. I doubt they have not reduced the real world efficiency of the product. Instead they are likely starting to truthfully rate them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.