Red Ball Valves

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
I want to replace all red ball valves which would be the best way to do it, there's not enough pipe to just to add a coupling. Thanks
d786f8edd286248efa5cde010ae87778.jpg

That won't be easy. There is no free pipe on either side of the valves or anywhere on the manifold to connect to. While it is occasionally possible (with lots of effort) to remove the pipe stub from a T connection after cutting the pipe off, you usually end up destroying the T. Unless you get lucky on both of the T connections leading to the red valves you will have to replace the entire manifold and all four valves, as well as the 90 degree elbows back to the vertical pipes coming out of the ground.

Looks like the center valve went bad and then cut it out and put the Jandy in, based on the 3 couplings around it using all the available pipe.

You could salvage the actuated Pentair valve by using a large coupling on the outside of the valve body, cut the pipe flush with the left of the grey valve. Then you will have to rebuild everything to the left. Although I am not sure you will be able to interface a Tee directly into the larger coupler over the grey valve.

As the ITI guys will likely say, you could use a pipe extender fitting to attach to the inside of some of the pipes.

Well I replaced the red valves, I used a 2" ram bit to take the stubs out of the tees, the main drain I had to take that down to the 90 under the slab, then it started pouring water out until I think the pool level drop seeking its level...will show pictures. All Jandy never lube valves installed...That Ram Bit worked great....

29defae0a30d18f7a87b95332cf96e37.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.