Los Angeles County Pool Fence Requirements?

emil

Oct 21, 2014
Tujunga, CA
Hi guys,

I've been lurking for awhile, finally decided to register! I'm having a pool built in my backyard in Los Angeles County. I just want to be 100% sure on the fence requirements. I am having 6 foot high chain link installed around the property. I know the requirement is 5 foot, but I'm going 6. The confusion I have is on the chain link fence. According to http://ladbs.org/LADBSWeb/LADBS_Forms/InformationBulletins/IB-P-BC2011-014SwimmingPoolDesign.pdf the chain link can be up to 1 3/4 link openings. Is this correct? If I have a 6 foot high chain link fence with 1 3/4 link openings I will be good to go?

Thank You,
Emil

I built my pool last year in Los Angeles County. At least in my case, any type of chain link was a no go. The only way chain link would be acceptable was to have privacy type strips or weaving material laced into the fence. That way a child could not use the chain link openings as a foothold to get over the fence. I had solid wood fencing all around the backyard, but not on the side of the house. I had to change out that section of fence before he would sign off on the project.

I built my pool last year in Los Angeles County. At least in my case, any type of chain link was a no go. The only way chain link would be acceptable was to have privacy type strips or weaving material laced into the fence. That way a child could not use the chain link openings as a foothold to get over the fence. I had solid wood fencing all around the backyard, but not on the side of the house. I had to change out that section of fence before he would sign off on the project.

Wow, that would be awful if it's true for me. I have alot of property to enclose and the cost would double. I wonder why they wouldn't let you do chain link?

Your link was for the city of Los Angeles, not LA county. The next time you see your inspector ask him what the fence codes are for your yard as each city has their requirements.

If they ban chain link fences it would be because the fence can be easily climbed over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.