need advice on adding a acid injector system

garyg

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 15, 2008
phx
hello.....

I am considering adding a acid injector into my pool.. I have a swg for chlorine production but seem to need 2 pts every other day to keep my ph in the proper range. sometimes I am out of town for a week and would like set up an automatic acid feeder system and don't know what the choices are
or how to install one

my chemistry is as follows: FC 4.6 TC 4.6 PH 7.6 but up to 7.8 every other day.

TA 70 CH 500 CYA 70 Salt 5000

thanks,
Gary

Acid feed systems are very rare on private pools. Unless you want to go the DIY route it is going to be fairly expensive. The simplest approach is to use an acid tank and pump on a timer. For a fancier system you could add a PH sensor and controller.

The only systems sold for consumers are the AutoPilot Total Control system and Goldline ProLogic. Lower end commercial systems are available in the same price range with more choices over features but less help figuring out which parts you need and how to install the system.

If you are the handy type and don't mind experimenting some, you can try this setup. I started using this setup early this year and it has proven to work fairly well. Depending on the hieght of your pool, this could work for you but it requires a bit of tweaking to get the draw rates correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.