Is my pool falling apart?

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
I was going to remove the dirt from the sides of the pool as recommended here to prevent rusting. This is what I found.

This is what the floor has been looking like this summer which at first (2 summers ago) we thought were moles/gophers but with more of whatever is going on, it's beginning to look like we are having other issues..

These are directly across from each other and line up with the supports we can see on the outside wall.

Do I continue to remove the dirt or put it back? What would I be mentally preparing ourselves to do next spring?

If it were my pool I'd drain it and get the wall back in the track and fix the floor. Dirt will settle in those low spots in the Floor. What caused the wall to come out of the track ? It may have settled there. Hard to tell from the pic's. ?

From what I could tell, it almost looks like the white track has slipped down between the supports as it is not level anymore. Am I going to need to put something more solid underneath the track? Our dirt is really fine (finer than sand pictured between the track and the sidewall.

Yes I would put something under the track or it's going to happen again. Is this the only area ?
You might get away with putting a patio paver under that area as long as what's under the paver is good and solid. If that won't work your going to have to get get some suitable material to put under it that will compact. Don't use sand !!
Keep us posted on how this is going. ?

Well fist I'd drain the pool down and see what caused the problem. May have to re-level that are with some suitable material. Something that will not settle and can be compacted, not sand. Screenings or crush n run stone. It doesn't appear you'll need a lot though I can't really tell from the picture. A landscaper or excavation contractor will be able to help you out on getting the material if you can't get it.
Was this a DIY install or if you had somebody install it you could contact them. Have you noticed if your losing water from a leak ?

That depends on how long it's exposed. If it's not a large area and you can work fast it may be ok.
During the winter check around for some installers if you don't want to tackle this yourself. Sometimes it's better to pay somebody who has done these things and can work quickly. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.