lost a message; auto-save doesn't work?

NJ-Bob

Silver Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bridgewater, NJ
I composed a long detailed list of questions and thought I posted it right before dinner. When I got back to the computer, I post was there indicating an excessive character count. All of my photos were converted into text. I deleted the photo/text and edited some statements to take into account the lack of photos. All the while, a little yellow box with the words "AutoSaved" kept appearing. After I finished editing, I reposted but got a message that I was logged out. I logged back in but could not find my message. It appears to be gone. Any way to recover. It took 45 minutes to compose.

If you go back to the same place you were when composing the message, a small easy to miss Restore Auto-Saved Content button sometimes appears on the bottom left. If you press that button it will restore the last thing that got auto saved.

It must have gotten dumped when I was timed-out of the forum.
I don't think the auto saved message disappears that quickly -- I've occasionally had the experience of composing a message, and getting logged out while doing so, especially if the message is a long-winded one, LOL. When I logged back in, the Restore button that Jason mentioned in post #2 was there, and it worked. However, that was maybe half an hour after getting logged out, not 12+ hours later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.