replaster newbie

rexbo

Oct 14, 2014
Houston, Texas
This is my first post, so here's my introduction and a big thankyou!

I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of months while I have been doing a startup on my replastered pool.

It's nice to have found TFP as I start my pool all over and after years of Leslie pool abuse.

The first couple of weeks during my startup I was going into Leslie having my water tested almost daily and asking them questions about what I was learning here. It was kind of fun, I went to 3 different locations, getting 3 different answers to my questions.

I'd then come home and do some more TFP homework.

So I just got my K-2006 test kit and ran my baselines today.

FC - 3.2
CC - .2
ph - 7.5
TA - 90
CH - 250
CYA - 35

My plan is to use tablets in my floater through the winter here in Houston to help raise my CYA up to 50, then use the Cal-Hypo I already have to shock if I need to. Otherwise supplement my chlorine with liquid.

Sound good?

sidenote - the last time I went into Leslie's to get my water tested, my numbers where perfect, but amazingly my phosphate level had gone from 300 to 3000 in just 3 days...so I was instructed to buy PhosFree. Unbelievable! I walked out, never to return.

Good for you and Welcome to TFP!

Just be sure to keep a check on that Cya while using pucks and you'll be fine. Looks like you know, but forget the Phosphates. Proper FC management will negate them completely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.