How best to retain heat

tvfoxy59

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2008
Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY
Hi,
I am curious about what exactly solar panels are. I have a solar cover on reel but the straps have been ripped off twice so it is a lot of work for me and I also found that quite a bit of the blanket would dissolve into the pool. I have not even used it this year. I am also curious about heat pumps. What about these "solar pills"? I appreciate any info as always,thankyou!!

T. :wave:

I have replaced the solar blanket twice I think in 7 years.
Bottomline, I want to find something that helps with heat retention that is easy to use and I understand that I wil make a tradeoff in cost,etc. I hope it is better than doing nothing and having pool temp drop from 85 to 78. Again, I know I am lazy but what can you suggest?
T. :salut: :salut:

Sounds like you want an automatic cover assy, electric on deck mount. but the trade off is cost.

Call around your area and get quotes.

When done you have a safty cover, simi solar cover but will help retain heat and a winter or vacation cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.