FAS/DPD test results

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
So I got my K1515A test kit today. First test results are FC of 9 and CC of 0. Pretty high, so since salt cell output was at 60%, I cut it down to 50%. What should be my timeframe to wait before I retest the see where I'm at? Theoretically a day of good sunshine, right?

Yes. It's lower than what's recommended. The CYA/Chlorine relationship is (in my opinion) the hardest one to understand...not follow, but understand. I've been reading the posts on this subjct, occasionally asking questions, and learning. I am not likely to blindly follow recommendations without understanding their basis. ChemGeek's recent posts in another thread offered some nice clarity about what this relationship is really there for and the equilibrium aspect of the process. Has helped the understanding a good deal.

Well, that's not the only reason. I've saved several snippets of threads to re-read, mostly from ChemGeek. I don't recal if this one was from him or not, but.....

"This is the main reason to have a high CYA level for outdoor SWG pools in order to reduce chlorine usage so that the SWG on-time can be lowered which results in a slower rate of pH rise (possibly due to less aeration and less undissolved chlorine gas outgassing)."

Many recent posts threads have documented that the amount of FC that is truly active and therefore available to fight anything is a very low percentage of overall total FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.