Opinions on Pool Choices

Oct 3, 2014
Conroe, TX
So we have signed with a pool builder, picked a design, and are now finalizing our choices. Pool Tile is giving me the most anxiety. We are using Pearl Matrix, Wet Edge Chilean Beach Tahoe, Stacked Stone on the elevated spa like the lower one in the picture, and flagstone coping like in the picture. Our decking is just plain brushed concrete. Orignally we were drawn to the Silverstone Marine Pool Tile but when I put all the choices together I think Avalon Blue will be better. Anyone have opinions?Silverstone Marine.jpgAvablue.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am just going to mention that getting white ring around the pool due to hard water and evaporation is nearly inevitable. I think it is easier to clean off of smooth tile than the textured ones you have mentioned. And of course if you go with a tan/white tile, the ring will be less noticeable. ;)

Just some things to consider. Although this is really personal preference.

Yes, glossy. I had them at previous house and you could use a razor blade to scrap off the build-up. Not going to work with the textured ... will have to acid wash and maybe "sand" blast it off.

But the glossy does make the pool look different ... again personal preference.

Thanks. I've heard that a lot about the smooth tile. Are you talking about the really smooth onces with almost a glassy like finish?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am just going to mention that getting white ring around the pool due to hard water and evaporation is nearly inevitable. I think it is easier to clean off of smooth tile than the textured ones you have mentioned. And of course if you go with a tan/white tile, the ring will be less noticeable. ;)

Just some things to consider. Although this is really personal preference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.