IG Pool remodel in Tempe AZ

Everything is looking great! Really beautiful. Don't take this as a negative, or something bad, just a question. Was there thought to adding more of a chimney (or even bare terracotta flue) to the fireplace? Just curious if there were regulations that may have prevented it and if there might be more smoke blowing around and on to the pergola with a fairly low exit point for smoke. Of course this is in comparison to my ground level fire pit, so you have like 8 legs (and a beautiful stone fireplace) up on me!

Again, wonderful atmosphere back there. Good job.

Everything is looking great! Really beautiful. Don't take this as a negative, or something bad, just a question. Was there thought to adding more of a chimney (or even bare terracotta flue) to the fireplace? Just curious if there were regulations that may have prevented it and if there might be more smoke blowing around and on to the pergola with a fairly low exit point for smoke. Of course this is in comparison to my ground level fire pit, so you have like 8 legs (and a beautiful stone fireplace) up on me!

Again, wonderful atmosphere back there. Good job.

Very valid point! We did think about the chimney placement and the edge of the pergola placement. They are aligned just perfectly enough where the smoke should avoid the lattice bars on the pergola. We didnt want to go any higher on the flume portion of the chimney because we really liked the flat top look and discrete look this design provided. We could have done anything we wanted since this was fully custom made, but chose this route instead. The fireplace structure itself is 6ft wide by 6.5ft tall with a 4ft bench added on the end of it. Luckily we live in Arizona and have no wind here so we do not have to worry about smoking blowing around. We are also replacing a small portable firepit which we had prior to the fireplace and that would blow smoke everywhere. Everytime we used it, someone would have the smoke monster attack them and we would all smell like campfire after a night by the fire. With the fireplace, all smoke will be high enough and stay away from everyone. Tonight we will break the fireplace in so i'll report back with results of how the smoke acts this weekend or next week.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks awesome! I love the idea of hiding the equipment behind the fireplace. Do you have any lighting in the arbor?

Yes we do, if you look on the two posts closest to the fireplace about 3/4 the way up you will see a bronze sconce light on each pole. Those are up/down lights so they will shine line up and down on the posts. I did all 12v low voltage LED lighting through out on a single 300W transformer mounted to the back of the fireplace. We also have lights on the fireplace which you can't see but they shine downward on the stone providing a nice, soft accent light. The lights blend right into the stone making them invisible which is pretty cool. I'll post some night shots this weekend or next week with a fire going and what all the lights look like at night.

Did your Pebble Radiance bottom have streaks for a month or so when they were finished? Presidential just finished my new pool here inTucson with Pebble Radiance, and the bottom looks like the acid wash wasn't done right. Huge areas of white concrete around the drains, that the PM says is normal and may take 8-11 months to disappear. He told me to just keep brushing and it will go away. Not sure whether to believe him, but really disappointed right now, 2 weeks after completion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.