Spa code of "Dr" and "Dry". How does one fix this issue? PLEAS HELP!!

Spa code of "Dr" and "Dry". How does one fix this issue? PLEAS HELP!!

Hello all, I seem to be having trouble getting my Lx74 spa up and running properly. It seems that every time I fix one thing another just happens to go wrong. I just had both of my pumps removed and serviced last month and they are now running seemingly well but when I try to begin the initial start up my balboa panel is giving me a code "Dr" twice and then the third try it says "Dry". I'm not sure if it is just simply air lock or a more severe issue. Both my blowers and my jets are working, as well as the two different speeds for the jets. I'm not sure if the heater is working just yet because the spa does not run for a long period of time before shutting itself down. It is to my knowledge that those error codes are telling me that there may be insufficient water supply to the heater but when I hand loosen the pipe fittings on both sides of the heater/circuit board, water is leaking out. Also when the tub is initially powered up the blowers go on and remain on regardless of me turning them on/off via my balboa TP600 top side panel. Would you happen to know a way that I can troubleshoot or correct those error codes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Spa code of "Dr" and "Dry". How does one fix this issue? PLEAS HELP!!

Ow this is inconvenient, my instructions are in Dutch....

But I'll try to translate what it says.

Dr:
Possibly too little water, bad flow or airbubbles in the heating element. Spa will be shut down for 15 minutes.
If the waterlevel is normal, make sure the pomps are ... (without air in them) After 15 minutes the spa will be reset. If the problem continues contact the dealer.

Dy:
too little water in the heating element (this will appear after 3 x "dr" error)
Follow the same steps as under DR. If the spa is not automaticly reset, push any button to reset spa.

So I guess you are on the right path, but not sure how to fix it. Could it be that there is some dirt in the pipes causing this problem? Perhaps you can try some product like this:
https://www.google.nl/?gfe_rd=cr&ei...e+spa+clean&tbm=shop&spd=10556253175630707845
I used it after I first filled the tub and needed to get rid of the dirt in the pipes due to a long waiting time before the spa could be placed.

Did you fill the tub with extra water in the hole where you put the filter in? That what my dealer told me to do, to avoid air in the system.

Re: Spa code of "Dr" and "Dry". How does one fix this issue? PLEAS HELP!!

Thank you for your reply it is greatly appreciated. I will take a look at the website you guided me to and see if this helps. As far as filling the tub, I did place the garden hose into the filter directly to minimize the possibility of air lock. The spa was sitting for a while without water so maybe it could be the debris in the lines like you explained. I'll have to take a look tomorrow when I get home from work and I will keep you updated. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.