Winterizing booster pump return line with quick connect fitting

GMS1

Oct 14, 2014
Huntington, NY
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on winterizing a booster pump return line for a polaris cleaner. Main issue is that the pump side of the return line has those quick connect fittings that work with the booster pump flexible hoses. I can blow out the line and cap it on the pool side with the usual threaded o-ring plugs. However, I can't plug the pump end due to the fitting and prefer not to remove that fitting.

Since I can't air lock it, does it make sense to just pour a gallon of anti-freeze down the line in case there are slow leaks at the pool side? I'm guessing it's about a 30 foot section of 2.5 inch Sch 40 PVC which should have a volume of about 8 gallons.

Sorry for the delayed response. Your plan to seal in the pool and add anti-freeze sounds reasonable to me. I do not think it is typical to try to seal both ends of the pipes anyway (although I have never winterized).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.