Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I recently had a Loop Loc mesh pool cover installed (replacing a simple tarp). I was thinking to purchase a submersible/automatic pool cover pump that I could sit on the first step in the pool, and leave for the winter, allowing it to keep the water pumped down below the tile line. However, in researching different models, it seems none of them are recommended to leave in the pool for the entire winter (I live in PA where we get freezing weather). I'm hearing stories of pumps only lasting a single season or even freezing up and breaking and leaking oil into the pool.

Anyone have any recommendation on a pump that will withstand the freezing winter weather, and/or any other options?

Do I instead need to just watch the water level instead and use a manually operated pump when the level gets too high?....yuck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.