first year closing. Did we get it right?

Oct 13, 2014
Southern Maryland
Hello, new here and so glad I found this site. New pool above ground 21 ft round. We shocked it, drained it below skimmer and the opening where the water comes back in pool. took off hoses, put pump in basement. took cap off sand filter let it drain. Have chlorine frog drained that. got cover and put it on per instructions. No pillow. the company who installed told me we didn't need a pillow for this pool. left out plug in skimmer and plug for the other inflow. Did we do it right. should we plug the skimmer, place the cap back on the sand filter. we have water on the cover ... how much should we keep on it.

We live in Maryland and we have cold weather and snow ... Just for your thought... thank you for your help

Janet

I wont close above ground pools with a cover if weather is cold enough for snow/slush/ice. They will only end up putting strain on the sides and can cause a collapse. I leave skimmers open so any water can just flush out the bottom drain, which I remove plumbing from. Customers are given a notice that states they need to keep an eye on skimmer for icing issues. The key is to keep the bottom drain open. As you know the sides of he pool are very flimsy and any excess weight on the skimmer can cause it to be pulled off. Any support you can give the skimmer is extra insurance IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.