Compool cva24 Actuator keeps turning

Feb 2, 2013
Hi there,

I have a Compool cva24 3 way jandy valve which I have just noticed keeps turning 360 degrees when in auto mode...I can manually stop it by using the middle off position so that water is pumped through the solar heating, however I assume that defeats the purpose of having the valve in the first place. It also seems to work ok when I place it in manual 'off' position which for my unit is 'on 1', however that manually bypasses the solar heating...

Any thoughts on how this can be rectified?

We're just about to enter warmer weather here in Australia so I want to be sure the solar heating is working adequately.

Thanks,
Scott.

One of the internal microswitches that stops rotation at the correct position has either broken or been moved out of alignment somehow. This should be obvious when you remove the cover and watch how the calm engages the microswitch in one direction, but not the other direction. You can either replace the actuator or repair/replace the microswitch.

I had a new one do that ... turns out the internal plate was cracked so that the torque of the motor shifted the shaft enough that the cam did not hit the switch. Open it up and inspect the inner workings to see what may be messed up.

Hi Jason, thanks just had a look and spot on...for some reason the arm which engages one of the micro switches wasn't pushing the switch in enough, therefore not turning it off. A little piece of cardboard between the switch and the arm has done the trick and is now working perfectly...much cheaper than replacing the entire unit!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.