Question about testing

zethacat

LifeTime Supporter
I'm using the TF-100 test kit for a few weeks now. The instructions say to add drops until the color changes. But then I just watched some youtube videos that indicate you should add drops until no further color change is noted.. this will mean adding another drop even after the color changes. Should that extra drop be used in the calculation?

You should always add drops until the last drop does not result in any further color change and the last drop does not count.

Eventually you will learn what the end point looks like and you may be able to get away without adding the extra, non-counted, drop.

No, the extra drop where there is no change in color does not count. That extra drop is just done to make sure that the color isn't still changing so you aren't fooled by a partial change. The color change occurs over a little more than one drop typically and it is the end of the color change that represents the true end point for the test. So you count up to and including the last drop that causes a color change but you do not count any drop after that for which there is no change. And by "change" I mean something reasonably substantial. If the hue and most of the saturation have changed and another drop just gets it a little more saturated, you don't have to count that. It's not a huge deal -- accuracy of the test is +/- 1 drop or 10% of the value, whichever is greater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.