Cement dust stuck to stone coping.. Thoughts on removal?

Sep 15, 2014
Riverside CA
Hey all,

So between the deck going in and the pebble install, I got a bunch of dust on the stone coping that doesn't want to come off with a pressure wash. I did a little research and got some ideas but wanted to throw it up here for a sanity check before pulling the trigger. So my thought was to mix 1 part M Acid with 2 parts water. Then wet everything down so I don't etch the concrete in case I get a little over zealous. From there just use a sponge and wipe it on until the dust dissolves.

Does this sound about right? Am I missing anything?

Thanks all!

P.S. here's what it looks like now...

muA8w5il.jpg
FgMpS8Gl.jpg

Thanks Dave. Yeah it's turning into one of those finger pointing deals. The mason left it clean but then between the deck guys and the pebble guys, that's how it was left. Rather than mess with that, I figure it would be easier for me just to do it. Besides, we are having our first pool party tomorrow and I want it to look good.

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.