How to configure SWG with iAqualink?

this is all done through the 485 communication connector in the aqualink. In other words the 2 units must "Talk" to each other through this connection. Unless your Aqua Rite is set up for this then you wont be able to do the adjustment. So far i know only Zodiac swc's are capable of doing this.

I don’t know what special instructions you heard someplace else are.

Turn off all breakers to your panel and equipment before replacing any boards.

@PoolGate ideas?

If you mean the small control board pictured below, there is nothing special. Like Allen said, turn all power off. It takes about 10-15 minutes. You are supposed to look at and write down all the previous settings before replacing the board like where the AUX ports are assigned, schedule, etc. too as all this info will have to be reprogrammed in.

1592999138682.png

The RS8 Agualinks system is not compatible with Aquarite Salt Systems. I have the same problem and they sent me out a new control board for RS8 but dont provide instructions on how to install. You can not connect Aquarite to the RS control board or you will do some damage to the control board. Tech Support will not give you the instructions. They say it must be a Pool Professional. I am on this thread trying to see if anyone has the instructions.

Im putting in a new control board ( See image) I am replacing it because when it was originally installed a Hayward Aquarite Salt System was attached and somehow it fried some internal code preventing some of the control board functions. When I spoke to Zodiac they said the electric of the salt system can not be tied into the power of the RS8 direcly. This is where I need help. I am also looking to configure my RS8 with a pool cleaner and I have been told there is a "Cleaner mode"and cant find any documentation

RS8 Controlboard.PNG

How did you try and connect a Hayward Aquarite SWG to the Jandy Aqualink system? I have never heard of it being done.

Why didn’t you get the Jandy AquaPure SWG?

@JamesW is that doable?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.