Clairification on TA

Depends on how stable your pH is. If it's drifting high quickly, then drop the TA and see how it goes. If it's pretty stable (mine goes up .1 every day or two - that's stable for me), then leave the TA alone, assuming your CSI is within the acceptable range.

The TF100 recommendations are assuming you are using trichlor tablets for chlorine, which are very acidic. TFP's recommendations are assuming you are using bleach/liquid chlorine/SWG for chlorine, all of which are PH neutral. The higher TA levels for dichlor help buffer the PH so it doesn't change so rapidly from the acidic nature of trichlor.

Depends on how stable your pH is. If it's drifting high quickly, then drop the TA and see how it goes. If it's pretty stable (mine goes up .1 every day or two - that's stable for me), then leave the TA alone, assuming your CSI is within the acceptable range.

Sorry but I don't know what CSI is and could only find a couple of reference to something called Calcite Saturation Index.

It looks like having a stable pH of 7.7 and a TA of 110 is okay. Am I understanding correctly?

Here's my stats from latest sample:
  • FCL 3.7
  • TCL 3.7
  • TA 110-120
  • PH 7.7
  • CH 250
  • CYA 40

CSI looks at all of your parameters and it's final value will tell you how likely you are to have scaling (high CSI) or damage from calcium leaching out of the pool walls (low CSI).

Our general recommendation is to keep each individual value close to the TFP recommended ranges, and you won't have to worry about it - it will be balanced.

The qualifier is if one or more is seriously high or low, then you would have to compensate elsewhere to keep CSI in tje appropriate range. The value is found at the bottom of PoolMath. Given the numbers above and assuming a water temp of 85°, your CSI is .25, which is fine.

CSI looks at all of your parameters and it's final value will tell you how likely you are to have scaling (high CSI) or damage from calcium leaching out of the pool walls (low CSI).

Our general recommendation is to keep each individual value close to the TFP recommended ranges, and you won't have to worry about it - it will be balanced.

The qualifier is if one or more is seriously high or low, then you would have to compensate elsewhere to keep CSI in tje appropriate range. The value is found at the bottom of PoolMath. Given the numbers above and assuming a water temp of 85°, your CSI is .25, which is fine.

Thanks. Didn't see the CSI factor and was paying attention to the items I listed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.