Geometric Houston pool

Aug 8, 2013
Houston, Tx
Hi guys, I'm a little late to the game starting this thread. Our pool got rebar today, but I figure it's never too late to chronicle the progress. Here are the details:

Width 19'
Length 34'
Depth 3 1/2-7 feet
Perimeter 109 LF
Pool Area 615 sq ft
Approx gallons: 20756
Pool Shape: Rectangle with spa

Coping: travertine
Color: TBD

Tile: We will fit the interior 6" water line of the pool and/or spa with the following frost-proof tile: Main tile choice, std
Interior finish: Wet Edge Pearl or Satin
Steps: We will build 3 concrete steps into the pool
Extended bench: 28 linear feet

Raised bond beam:
16 ft of 12" bond beam
15 ft of 18" bond beam
8 ft of 24" bond beam - columns

Sunshelf: 14 ft wide at the pool beam approx. 98 sq ft to a depth of 8"
Swim Out/Deep end: We will install a built-in swim out 4 ft long per plan

Pool Equipment Features:
Filter system: 430 sq ft cartridge pool filter
All plumbing for pool included with filtration equipment within 50 ft of pool
Pool pump: 2.7 HP Variable speed
Air blower: 1.5 HP Polaris QT blower
Electronic controls: PS-8 wireless with aqua connect
Sanitation equipment: Hayward salt system
Heater: Natural Gas 400,000 btu
Pool Cleaner: PV-3 infloor
Lighting equipment: 2 LED
Return lines: 6
Water fill line: auto

Bubblers: 3 std
Other water features: 3 natural scuppers with booster pump
2 concrete water 30" bowls with fire

Spa: 50 sq ft of water surface
All plumbing for pool filtration equipment within 10 ft of spa
Jets: 8
Lights: 2 LED
Raised spa facing: raised 18"
Pool side type: tile
Outside type: ledgerstone

Mechanical specifications:
Skimmers: 2 Hayward
Pool returns: 4 1.5" Schedule 40 PVC
Pool main drains: 2 anti-entrapment, VGB compliant
Spa main drains: 2 anti-entrapment, VGB compliant

Deck, electric, and gas
Deck: 1330 sq ft
Deck material: stamped concrete with Shark Grip
3 sleeves inc.
Area drains: 6
Linear drains: linear ft each drain 75 with overflow
Other: One 4 ft H x 18" W gas fire pit with manual light

Electrical work: We will install electrical conduit and wiring from your existing electrical panel to your pool equipment. This includes permits, inspections and hook-ups for lights, booster pump, filter pump, air blower, heater, electronic control, and 2 remote J boxes.

Natural Gas Plumbing:
We will install up to 45 ft of gas line from your existing gas meter to pool heater.

So I already caught an omission - the spa has 7 pipes for jets, when we asked for 8. PB is going to come out tomorrow to take a look. Let me know if you pick up on anything else. Our PB is going out of town for 2 weeks this Friday :grrrr: and while he has a substitute, I don't know him from Adam so I feel like I need to get everything straight before he leaves.

Guess I need to change my signature now...

Thanks for the compliments. It is exciting to finally have it underway after researching for so long. I was fully prepared for total destruction when it was time for plumbing, but it wasn't too bad. When we were building our house, we told the builder not to finish the backyard at all, knowing we would start this pool as soon as we closed. So maybe it helped having less to destroy.

That looks really nice! What are the 4 wall intakes in the deep end for?

Thanks! Can you repost the pic you're talking about? I don't know intakes from skimmers at this point, lol.

Swoopman, thanks. Definitely a steep learning curve here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Uhmm.. I found a fatal flaw. Mind you its easily fixed but could potentially double the cost of the pool if not done properly. If you look very closely all over the pool you will see that it's clearly NOT IN MY BACKYARD! FIX THAT POST HASTE! Hahaha!! Looks good. I can't wait to see it finished!:swim::swim::swim:

If it passed inspection prior to gunite it had a bonding wire. None of the pics posted are high enough resolution to pick out a #8 copper wire, no closeups of the light niches either.

I like your design a lot. Might have stolen it if I'd seen it before I designed mine!

Oh my gosh Glock, you had me going for a minute there. Glad the fatal flaw is fixable, lol.

Ha Ha, I agree - At first I thought Glock and Pool Critic got together and I kept reading to see what the issue was....Glock is being funny on lots of posts today :)

Erik what is a bonding wire? Not sure what that is or what to look for. Let me know and I will look thru my pictures.

EVA - This question was a total set up / lead in for you.....Actually April's design and yours remind me a lot of each others. Very simple and clean - and like cc's - which makes your eye really pay attention to the detail.

-Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.