Salt level discrepancy!

Mar 31, 2013
TN
getting ready to close in a couple of weeks and just got back from a week long trip. Tested water and all numbers are in line except FC, which was 8 (weather has cooled a bunch and hasn't been a lot of sun) so I lowered the IC40 a little but my salt level showed 2450 on my easy touch and when I tested it with my Taylor kit it was 3600. The cell will be turned off below 2900 right? What do I do?

I had a similar problem with my IC40 persistently reading low levels of salt. Even though I didn't see any scale on the cells, there must have been some buildup on the salt sensor. Cleaning the cell with approx 60/40 H20/muriatic acid (29%) resolved the problem.

My salt readings have been pretty stable at around 3600-3800 ppm for the last 4 months. Previously, the sensor was reading 2700 ppm. The reason my salt is so high is that I had added a couple bags of salt before discovering the real issue.

When you cleaned the cell, did you fill it high enough to cover the sensor?

I had a similar problem with my IC40 persistently reading low levels of salt. Even though I didn't see any scale on the cells, there must have been some buildup on the salt sensor. Cleaning the cell with approx 60/40 H20/muriatic acid (29%) resolved the problem.

My salt readings have been pretty stable at around 3600-3800 ppm for the last 4 months. Previously, the sensor was reading 2700 ppm. The reason my salt is so high is that I had added a couple bags of salt before discovering the real issue.

When you cleaned the cell, did you fill it high enough to cover the sensor?

I Ryan it up over the plates a little bit. Don't really remember if I'd went over the sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.