Test Results

h2o

Jun 30, 2008
Houston, TX
Water is clear and sparkling...just testing for maintenance purposes. My alkalinity and pH seem a little on the low side. Should I adjust it or let it ride?

FC - 2.5
CC - 0
TC - 2.5
pH - 7.3
TA - 60
CH - 320
CYA - 50

I'd bump The TA up with baking soda and add a lil borax and a good bit of bleach cuz your FC is too low for your CYA. If you check out pool school, there is a Chlorine/CYA chart there. It says your minimum FC should be 4 ppm, with a target FC of 6 ppm.

Looks like CH is creepin up there too. You should keep an eye on it just in case it wants to rise on ya.

But HEY! Your CYA looks PERFECT! :mrgreen:

Based on your #'s, I thought that was a possibility. Since you are using the auto chlorinator, the recommended level for TA is 100 to 120, and not below 100. So, bring it on up! :wink:

You can find the recommended levels in Pool School.

Butterfly said:
Based on your #'s, I thought that was a possibility. Since you are using the auto chlorinator, the recommended level for TA is 100 to 120, and not below 100. So, bring it on up! :wink:

You can find the recommended levels in Pool School.
Good call, butterfly!

If you don't bring the TA up a bit you will soon find that your pH and TA will crash really low!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.