Pebbletec stains and closing.

jg1728

Oct 8, 2014
Media PA
I have a unground pool with Pebbletec. Black pebbletec. I do not recommend black pebbletec...

After a significant bout of algae, my pool now has light spots and they seem to be getting worse. I have had light spots before and after a healthy dose of muriatic to drive the PH down they went away. I do not have any problem doing this again. Also, i have additional white spots in a area where i think some undisolved chlorine sat on pool floor for awhile. Fall leaves seem to have clogged my drain and i think there was poor pool water flow for a couple of days.... i should know better...

My question is, can i do the muriatic treatment when i re-open in the spring. Or should i do this now. I have another trip coming up so i will be away for a bit, so no option to really babysit the pool.'

thanks.

john.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, having any chemical sit on the surface (especially black) is certainly not a good idea and could result in the color fading out. Sounds like you must not ahve been adding the chemicals in the manner that we recommend.

I am unclear what exactly is the problem. You say there are light spots that go away is you add acid. Are they rough? Is it calcium scaling?

Please post up a full set of test results and add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.