Systex Polymer Concrete Deck System (question)

mike_s

Sep 14, 2007
round rock Texas
Hi there, I was wondering if any one on the board has this type of decking installed around their pool? After looking on google I see that they invented the kooldecking and that this is a new and updated form of that material. So how does this product compare to SunDeck product? Or other polymer based decking surfaces?

Thanks for your time ;o) Annnnd pool build/ completion pix as well as a movie or two of our new back yard oasis are coming soon to the build section!!!!!

mikes

I am in the decorative concrete business and do many pooldecks using the cement/polymer based products. Ive used them from every mfg and I cant tell the difference from one to the other. Its the contractor installing them that makes the difference. I can take a bag of tile grout and give you the same look and performance and you wouldnt know the difference. Warranties are also worthless. Read the fine print. They will be warranted only if the product is found to be defective. Good luck trying to prove that. Ive seen guys giving a 10 year warranty. They have only been in business for 1 year. Anyway, make sure the installer has done work and dont be fooled by the pictures in his sales book. Ask to see his work. Many mfgs give contractors pictures to put in their books.

These products also need to be maintained. Resealed every 2-4 years depending on the sun exposure and traffic. Ask what the reseal costs are. I give my customers the option of buying a bucket of sealer from me and doing it themselves. I would rather do that than have them go buy some Crud from Home Depot and ruin the deck. Sundeck is one of the original mfg's in the business. Most of the stuff out now is a copy of that product. Sundeck only can be installed by a certified dealer. That can be a good thing.

Good luck.

gregg
www.ggcoatings.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.