Water Temperature

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
why does the temperature of water have an impact on the balance? The temp dropped to 79 pool water, it now shows corrosive to plaster, at 82 it doesn't..Is there something I need to do to adjust for water temp change? Thanks for the great support...

I think you are taking the CSI number WAY too literally. There is no way a 3 degree temp change causes a problem. From what I see that would only change the CSI by 0.03 .... If you are not less than -0.6 or greater than +0.6 you should be fine.

it now shows corrosive to plaster, at 82

Do you mean -0.82? Sounds like it was corrosive to start with if it changed by 0.03.
I believe I would do a little adjusting if I were you.

The biggest difference water temp has on CSI is from summer (when the water is the warmest) and winter (the water is coldest). 3 degrees wont make much difference but when you look at CSI with 90 degree water and then with 40 degree water then you can see the difference.

Do you mean -0.82? Sounds like it was corrosive to start with if it changed by 0.03.
I believe I would do a little adjusting if I were you.

The biggest difference water temp has on CSI is from summer (when the water is the warmest) and winter (the water is coldest). 3 degrees wont make much difference but when you look at CSI with 90 degree water and then with 40 degree water then you can see the difference.

And it would be wrong to suggest making such adjustments. Especially based on just this information. Just because the temp drops does not mean the water is suddenly detrimental to the plaster based finish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.