Pool Pillow?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So i understand the purpose of the pool pillow. To keep the cover off the water and help make a peak in the cover to shed snow and ice.

I heard of pool walls buckling if a pillow isnt used...When the pool freezes, the ice pushes out on the walls. And a pillow prevents this by allowing the ice to use the pillow as a sort of sponge.

Is this the case? I hadnt planned on using a pillow this year, but if i need to, i will.

This is my first year closing my own pool. I've found in the past...years ago, my parents used a tractor tire inner tube on their pool. I've even seen people use old tires in their pool before.

I went and got two 4x4 pillows. Going to tie them together and place in the middle of the pool. I actually found 2 used inner tubes but both had small holes in them and the patch on them didnt hold. So i had to break down and buy the cheap made, expensive pool pillows from the pool store. $11 for a 4x4. Hopefully they will hold up over the winter. I'll plan better next year. I'll round up a couple tractor tire tubes throughout the year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.