Pentair Easy Touch/IntelliChlor Programming

Sep 15, 2014
Riverside CA
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Normally all I need is the search button but this time I was not able to find an answer to my problem, so here I am. I have an Easy Touch 4 wireless controller. I am trying to setup a feature circuit that I can press after a day of swimming and basically boost the SWG for a few hours on an egg timer on the way in the house at night. I set this feature up and works great during the day when my pool pump is already running (from 7am to 7pm) but when I run this after 7pm, the pump turns on but the SWG stays off. I feel like I'm missing something in the circuit setup or something. Is there a way to setup a feature that also kicks on the Master Pool feature?

Hope that makes since.. Thanks all.

It is easy to program more pump runtime, but I don't know of any way to insure the SWG is active. The SWG turns on/off based on the percentage setting it is programmed for. In nearly all cases that is the best way to use the SWG, and aside from SLAMing the pool, I can't think of a situation where you would want to over-ride that.

Thanks for the reply.. I guess I wasn't really clear on what I was asking. So in order to run the SWG on the Easy Touch system, the system needs to be in "pool" mode. Otherwise you can run the pump but the SWG is not powered on. What I wanted to so is program a feature circuit to be an egg timer so when I hit "on" it turns the system on in pool mode, and runs the pump a 2000 rpm for say 2 hours then switches everything off. This way after a pool party or something, I can just hit that feature and go inside and forget it. The SWG would add extra chlorine to make up for all the swimming. The only way I can figure out how to do this would be to manually put the sustem in "pool" mode then hit the feature that ramps up the pump to 2000 rpm. I can even set that to an egg timer for 2 hours but then I'd either have to program another timer for the pool mode or manually switch it off so it didn't run all night. Maybe I'm just being lazy but with this robust system, you'd think there would be a way to do what I'm trying to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If your default pump speed is already 2000 rpm this is easy. However, if your default pump speed is slower than 2000 rpm, it will probably take two egg timers to do what you want. You need to turn the pool on for a period of time and also turn on something that forces the pump up to 2000 rpm for the same period.

The trick with an EasyTouch is to think about things the way Pentair thinks about things, and not try to impose your preconceptions on the system. They have their own point of view on how things work, and you need to work within their framework.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.