I need a new pool spa pump

tomsop

Oct 18, 2012
IMG_0073.jpgIMG_0072.jpg

Here is my old pump - it is dedicated soley to the jets in my spa for making the water bubbly. It is dead. It is really old. I want a new pump and wondered if today's smaller and maybe cheaper pumps can do the work this dinosaur did. If you need to recommend an equivalent 2.0HP pump then so be it - I don't know what I need. I was hoping the pics I supplied is sufficient. The spa is located clear across the pool (40 feet?) and the jets probably are 1 to 2 feet above the height of the pump.

Please let me know what additional information you need. I use the spa very seldom but I use it almost not at all since this pump died last year. Thank you - tom.

Any major brand pump should work for you. You could look for a 1 1/2 hp uprated pump. I believe that would be a pump with a service factor of 1.5. It should perform similar to a 2 hp pump with a service factor of 1.

The wet end is the part of the pump that the pump motor attaches to and holds the basket to catch debris before it pumped through the system.

Were the jets strong enough, too weak, or too powerful for your liking with this old pump?

When I asked for a pump recommendation I should have mentioned I want to replace the whole thing from the pump all the way to the basket because there is a small water leak and I'm sure it's coming from the pump or from somewhere around the basket but since it's so old I want to replace the whole thing

If the old pump produced enough jet action then what you want is a full rated 1.5 HP or an up rated 2.0 HP pump. The following pumps should work for you:

Pentair Whisperflo WFE-6, WFE-28

Hayward TriStar SP3215EE

Thanks. According to the label in the picture is the service factor 1.10? I am not sure that is the correct reading but my pump is 2hp so would wouldn't I need to get another 2 hp or 1.5 uprated is sufficient to be comparable to the old motor?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You currently have a 2 HP up rated pump (low SF) which is the same as a 1.5 HP full rated pump (high SF). So the pumps I suggested are a match to what you have now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.