Gabe here...

Oct 4, 2014
Las Vegas Nevada
Gabriel here! Just moved in to a home with a awesome looking pool, I am totally new to pool ownership and found this community it seems like a awesome place to join in and chat and learn. Hopefully someday I can be the one giving out advice and or answering questions. :p

I have attached a pic of my pool.

My Pool.jpg

Pretty pool! Enjoy! Please go to "settings" towards the top of the page and "edit signature". Tell us there about your pool and if you have purchased a test kit and if so, which one. Because you are new to pool ownership, I assume you are unfamiliar with pool maintenance. You probably will need to address some chemistry issues soon. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend a Taylor K-2006C. Some people prefer the TF100.

Thank you so much for the kind welcomes! I will have a look at the test kits :) We have a pool person coming once a week and he seems to be doing very good with the chemicals. Upon my discovery the pool has a switch to enable a flow of water to swim against pretty cool, I didn't even know it had it! I look very forward in to learning everything about the pool and proper care and maintenance. Thank you again all for the kind welcomes. I am also going to sign up for "pool school" a certified pool person will come and teach me all about the pool, costs $80 bucks but I think it's well worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty pool! Enjoy! Please go to "settings" towards the top of the page and "edit signature". Tell us there about your pool and if you have purchased a test kit and if so, which one. Because you are new to pool ownership, I assume you are unfamiliar with pool maintenance. You probably will need to address some chemistry issues soon. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend a Taylor K-2006C. Some people prefer the TF100.

Thank you for the advice I will check out the pool kit, we have a weekly pool person coming to help maintain the pool but I look forward to grabbing this kit.

It's your pool, and a super one at that! I encourage you to get the kit. It costs ~1 week of pool service, and then you can do it yourself. Odds are your service may get you into trouble, but if you continue with them, you can use the kit to see if they're doing it right!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support