SLAM-ing now---- can't get a good read??? Added over 100 drops!!!

ZESTR

Oct 2, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I just tried to re-test my FC and CC with Taylor Kit K-2006...
Tested at 12pm and FC was 6.2 and CC was .2.

Just tried testing at 3:45pm and it isnt working... I have added over 100 drops of R-0871 and it is still pink!!!!

HELP!

Don't even know my CYA bc the pool was too murky to get a good reading.

:(

Frustrated.

How often should I be testing when SLAM-ing?

View attachment 33396

Welcome to TFP!

The test is only reliable up to about 100 drops. Because you are measuring by steps of 0.2, that means an upper limit on the test of 20, which isn't really all that high. You should use a 10 ml sample, so you are measuring by steps of 0.5, which allows the test to measure FC levels up to 50. There really isn't any use for the 0.2 steps, the added precision isn't really useful and it uses up reagents much more quickly.

Don't even know my CYA bc the pool was too murky to get a good reading.
Usually not. What does the CYA view tube tell you if you simply put in pool water? (do not add R-0013). It will very likely be 0 CYA

How much chlorine did y9ou add between 12:00 and 2:45PM?

JasonLion--THANK YOU! Followed your advice and it took 58 drops.

FC is now 29-pool math told me I want to shock at 28. It said 38 for mustard algae shock, but I am nervous to ruin my liner?

Which should I do?

Added 7.5 gallons at 10.5% around 12pm.

- - - Updated - - -

PS- When my husband ran to the store to get more chlorine he had them test the water just to see what it would say and they said FC was 5.0!!! This was 1 hour before we tested with the FAS-DPD and got FC 29.

Trying not to be mad about all the pool store advice we've gotten these last 6 mos! :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.