Salt Water reading on Pentair Panel from SWG

tgenre

Apr 4, 2014
Denham Springs, LA
Hello there! My panel has consistently read about 200 points lower than the pool store says my salt level is. I can live with that, no biggie. YES, I TEST MY OWN WATER, but I rely on the mom and pop pool store to check my salt level, as the only other method I have is to read the panel. Both last week (there was no rain) and this week ( a little rain today), my panel was approx 600 points off from the pool store reading. My SWG (Intellichlor IC20) was cleaned at the beginning of this summer. The water temp is now about 80 degrees now, but it was consistently 90-92 this summer.
Does anyone have a clue as to why this is off now? Does this normally happen as the SWG gets dirty or water temp decreases? My pool is just under a year old. Thanks!

Both colder temperatures and dirty plates can cause the salt to read lower than actual.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that even the very best salt tests are +-400, so getting the same reading within 200 is just as good as exactly agreeing, and even a 600 point difference is not considered significant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.