Wiring My System

moljourn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Alright Trouble Free Poolers,

I have recently purchased a hot tub and re-run the wire run to accommodate the purchase. There is a new sub panel with a 50amp GFCI and I'm going to put a 20amp breaker in for the pool pump. The pump is wired for 240v and I have an Intermatic T1470 timer that I want to incorporate. I should have taken pictures before I disconnected everything but I work with circuits and figured I could just hook it back up... :confused: Not so much. I ran 6/3 with ground to the sub from the main and plan to use the old wiring from the pump and timer (looks like 14 gauge). From pump has two yellows and ground. Timer is stripped of everything except the black, red and green running to the auxiliary outlet... Help? Please?

I don't know why I couldn't find it.

To wire it up to run the pump, run a wire from the panel breaker to terminal 1 and another wire from the other side of the panel breaker to terminal 3 and then run a wire from terminal 2 of the timer to T1 of the pump and one from terminal 4 to T2 of the pump. You'll also need a ground from the panel through the timer to the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.