You'll be shocked !! A pool story ....

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
So, I am at work today, which is at my bosses house. He works out of a shop in his backyard and the PB pulls up to clean the pool. Just an hour earlier I happened to look at his pool and saw that it was full of algae and junk on the bottom. He gets out of his truck and goes to look at the pool to see what equipment he needs to do the job. He turns and looks at me like this :shock: ! I said to him, pretty nasty huh? Of course he replies ..... yeah it is ....
Now this pool is made of concrete with a skim of something over it to make it smooth. So ... I asked him how do they classify this type of pool ... as a pebble tec ? He replies yeah sort of ... and with out missing a beat walks off the deck and heads to the truck. His first trip back to the pool consists of 2 bags of super shock an almost full jug of super shock and a bottle of something. I asked what it was and he told me a name, but had no idea what was in the bottle.
He proceeds to hook up the vacuum hose to the filter and begins vacuuming the pool. Of course non of the Crud is coming up off the bottom. By this time I had gone back to what I was doing ... sort of ... but keeping an eye on him.
The next thing I saw him do was, add all these chemicals to the pool. I know your asking when did he test the water? I never saw him do a water test and I was watching him closely from afar but could see his every move. Just then the silent partner comes out and asks the guy why he came to his house the other day to clean the pool ... BUT drove around the property never got out of his vehicle, yet left him a ticket of $120.00 for a cleaning charge not knowing he was watching from an upstairs window out of sight :shock: AND .... AND wrote down his water test results !! :shock:
They argued back and forth and the partner walked off. The PB now starts to brush the pool and its as cloudy and murky as a glass of milk !! He looks at me and said to tell my boss that the pool will be like this for a day or so then they will come back and vacuum it because he cant see the bottom to do it right now.
So by now I'm thinking how could he just add all that stuff to the pool without doing a water test? In the mean time he leaves and I asked my boss to call the pool place and tell them thier PB just cleaned his pool added a whole bunch of Crud to it and never did a water test ...

I dont know what the out come of the conversation was but I did hear a lot of yelling on my bosses behalf .... :blah: :blah: :rant: :rant:

Just as a footnote ... these people come every two weeks and he didnt even clean the filter today either !! :shock:

So .... , further to my post of yesterdays story. I took a water sample out of his pool today .... does he know about it .... nope !!!

Here are the results of the water test keep in mind yesterday he dumped in 2 bags of super shock, almost a full jug of super shock and some blue chemical that he knew the name of but couldnt tell me what was in it :shock:

FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
PH 7.2 - 7.5 (Depends on who looks at the test)
TA 100
CYA 70
CH 460

Dont forget they wont be back until monday to vacuum what they couldnt see the other day and water still looks like milk!! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.