Construction Time! Miami, FL New Pool with Pictures and Prices Included.

I know, the prices for pavers and materials here in Miami are much lower than in other places of the country. Here's the breakdown of the decking cost:

Travertine: $2,275 ($3.25 / sq.ft). French pattern ivory, pretty good quality. From StoneLine here in Miami, FL

Glass Tiles: $228 ($6.00 per sq ft, essentially making it $3 per linear ft of 6" high. This is a tile imported from Spain, check out Hisbalit mosaic on Google and let me know what you think. This was a major saving, a builder locally has used it and swears by it.)

Travertine coping: $480 (40 pieces 12x24 of he same travertine, $12 each piece).

Grout, thinset and sealer: $320

Installation including sand: $1200 for everything (using the same installer that used the builder for my neighbor's pool. The can only come on weekends because during the week he works for a company...but I can wait because he does good work at a great price)

Total: $4503.00
Incredible! Great job!

The excavation is 80% done....but the crew is coming back tomorrow to finish. Here's how it's coming along so far. They dug 1.5' past the water line on each side, that's why the hole looks so huge compared to patio.

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

This trail leads to where the equipment pad will be placed.
4.jpg

Corleone - the price of the coping and tile is part of the "deck" item. One thing I did forget is the $1400 plaster fee using Marbletite. I guess that will take away from the misc $1000 I had. Halfway through the project I will update costs and then once all done I will post finals. My goal is to stay under $20k. Builders quoted over $33,000 for my project.
You should be able to stay under $20k, we paid $21k five years ago. Our plaster is the beach series Antigua by Marbletite and we love the pebbles in it.

Corleone - the price of the coping and tile is part of the "deck" item. One thing I did forget is the $1400 plaster fee using Marbletite. I guess that will take away from the misc $1000 I had. Halfway through the project I will update costs and then once all done I will post finals. My goal is to stay under $20k. Builders quoted over $33,000 for my project.

Wow... That's insanely high. We are in Broward and just built a 17x39 free form with a waterfall/grotto, 1200sqft of deck, through our PB with permits and all for $32k. Included pebbletec and salt system. No heater or spa.

You got a great price! With builders, if I didn't use travertine, automation system or the pump/filter I am using, one quoted 25k and the other 27k (stamped concrete and no automation). With everything I am using now, I was quoted 33k. A friend paid $36k for a 15x30 with a builder, decently equipped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dig? Looks like your filling her up! Swim time! :D

It's ground water. The forming crew is here now. They've drained it but it comes right back. I was told the shotcrete contractor will eventually need to drain and immediately cement the bottom. I'm just hoping the rebar contractor can let me borrow his water pump to drain while the inspector is here so he can see the work.

Hi ya'll. Just flunked the first inspection (steel and main drain). Thankfully it was due to the rebar on one section only being farther apart than required. Forming crew is coming today to fix, going again for inspection tomorrow.

Regarding the groundwater - I have pump installed now for the crew to work and for the inspector to see the bottom. Shotcrete contractor told me he can shot concrete into ground water since we can control it to about 4". He also said he would leave a couple of hole (weep hole?) to allow high water to flow and not cause pool to float. Seriously? A gunite pool can float in 1ft of water only in the deep end?

I asked in the future if I ever need to empty pool to plaster or something if I need to uncover the weep holes again. He said no, as long as repair would take a month or less.

Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.