plug pump into a regular outlet?

Aug 17, 2014
So cal
Hello, Im trying to bench test our pump, I just want to hear it start and run for a few seconds(I know running it dry can damage the wet-end) do hardware stores sell the plug/wire so I can just connect to pump like I would at the equipment pad with the conduit/wires? then just plug into my dryer 3 prong 220 outlet...

Thanks for any help!

Yes you can buy plugs. Yes you can buy wire to attach to the plug and pump. Yes it is possible wire it up to plug into the wall. But if you are asking these questions, I question your electrical knowledge and I am not sure I would recommend you do it. Would not want you to damage the motor.

The pump is one foot in the garbage, I was just taking a chance on replacing a couple old parts/wires. I was more worried about damaging my outlet then the pump.
I remember a few years back I lived in apartments and the pool guy had a makeshift vacuum powered by a regular pool pump on a cart that he pluged into the wall outlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.