Another "pool store" story

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
I went into the pool store today where I had bought my pool. While I was there, I asked if they carry liquid chlorine. They did, but the salesperson did ask why I used that instead of tri-chlor in a floater. I told her it was because of CYA buildup. She said, "Oh, we encourage people to use tri-chlor or di-chlor, as well as starting the season with additional stabilizer, because you know how much water we lose from evaporation and the rain." :shock: :shock:

Aack! I'm glad I found this site before I depended on their advice too much! As it was, I had depended on their advice just long enough to get the stabilizer level just right. :) Oh, and I asked if they had any Taylor reagents (my CYA reagent is getting low) and she had never heard of the Taylor brand reagent. She showed me what they had, and the only reagents they had were off brand OTO and PH reagents!

But I really did have the last laugh, though. We were standing in the algaecide aisle, and you should have seen the look on her face when I told her that I haven't had any algae all season. She said it's a very bad year for algae, and most people have had problems with it! :mrgreen:

But, all in all, the store's good for some things - they have the most fun pool toys I have ever seen! They also have other fun stuff for pools, like fountains, water exercise belts, etc. They have everything else you would need for pools; nets, vacuums, brushes, hoses, you name it. All good quality at good prices. Also have pretty patio stuff. That's the kind of stuff stores like that are good for! (As well as buying the pool itself; my pool is good quality) :lol: :lol: Oh, and if I get an SWG next year (and I'm thinking about it) I might get it there. :-D

Aren't you glad that you are armed with correct information about your pool's chemistry?

After getting pool-stored one too many times, I found this site last year and stopped going to Leslie's. I found a nice mom and pop pool store for liquid chlorine, and the times when I need Muriatic Acid or CYA. They are really cool, "get" BBB, and have never tried to sell me something I don't need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.