Anyone have any ideas of how to get Wasps out of my control panel?

daronj

Feb 5, 2013
Apparently, I have a fair number of wasps that have taken up residency in my control panel. Every time I start punching buttons, they start flying out of the bottom where the wires go into the panel, and also around the gap where my chlorine generator plugs in. I'm not sure how to get rid of them. I don't want to spray poison in the gaps for fear of shorting something out inside, and I really don't care to try and open the panel up. They have a nasty disposition :) Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks-

NukeOrbit.jpg

I really hate wasps.

I have a propane powered fogger that I use around the pool for mosquitos. High quantitys of smoke might pursuade them to move on. If not, spike the fogger mixture with a wasp killer (Permethrin)(That is what I use around my pool deck and carport to control and remove wasps and or yellowjackets). If you cannot pursuade them to leave peacefully, do a "spiked" smoke out on a cooler eve to get the whole nest.

Wait until dark and then open the panel and then spray the nest with wasp spray. You won't short anything out. If you're concerned about it, just open (turn off) the breaker feeding the panel to kill the power to it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.