Above ground pool filter location

I recently had a pool installed in my backyard and my question is can I place my filter about 20 feet from pool. I have a hayward extreme c150 1.5 horsepower filter.

The filter will be below water level because my pool is only 1 foot in the ground.

The reason for doing this is it will be out of sight and closer to gas hookup for heater.

Thanks for your help.

Mine is about 16 to 20 feet from my pool (the skimmer is further away than the return) It has been this way for two seasons now, with no issues. I have a smaller pump than you do (see signature)

I assume you are going to hard plumb and bury your lines - since you said it is to place the filter out of sight, so I guess you don't want hoses laying on the ground. IF you are going to hard plumb and bury, make sure you use 45s and sweep 90s as much as you can, as opposed to hard 90 elbows. If you are burying your lines, you will also have to ensure that you have a way to blow them out and seal them when you close for the winter. I am lucky, mine are on the ground surface, because they are under my deck, so they free drain, but if you create a U by going underground, you will have to blow them out.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.