Test Vial graduations??

I noticed the same thing. I have found that to get 10ml, you need to fill it to the 12ml mark. Also, to fill 25ml of water, one actually has to fill it to the 28ml mark.

I verified this by three ways. A 10ml glass pipet; Rainin 5 ml pipette (L-5000) and by weight on a analytical balance (resolution 0.001g).

I just want to make one point here. If you are doing your own testing, be consistent and do it the same way EVERY time!! - the discrepancy in accuracy won't effect the validity if you do the tests the same way each time (and I don't think the accuracy is too far off if you have 1/2 a ml. more or less) Let's face it, we all do the tests slightly differently, doing them the same way each time allows you to properly dose the pool!

Just $.02 from someone who does this all the time (and probably incorrectly :p )

CRG_80cc said:
I noticed the same thing. I have found that to get 10ml, you need to fill it to the 12ml mark. Also, to fill 25ml of water, one actually has to fill it to the 28ml mark.

I verified this by three ways. A 10ml glass pipet; Rainin 5 ml pipette (L-5000) and by weight on a analytical balance (resolution 0.001g).

We are talking about adding 20% water more than the 10ml mark on the vial. I think that this could leas to misleading results.
I will contiune to use the syringe. I am assuming the test is designed around volume not the vial.

acamato said:
[
We are talking about adding 20% water more than the 10ml mark on the vial. I think that this could leas to misleading results.
I will contiune to use the syringe. I am assuming the test is designed around volume not the vial.
Yet this is the vial that Taylor supplies with these tests (if you get the single test kits and not the combo kit like the K-2006). The markings on the vials also coincide with the markings on the 2000 series comparators included in the k-2005/2006. If there is a problem it is Taylor's.

Does anyone know the Taylor part number for the TF-100 vials? According the the Taylor website and also Taylor tech support, the vials supplied in the stand alone kits (Taylor P/N 9198) only goes up to 25 ml!

dschlic1 said:
Does anyone know the Taylor part number for the TF-100 vials? According the the Taylor website and also Taylor tech support, the vials supplied in the stand alone kits (Taylor P/N 9198) only goes up to 25 ml!
Not true. The Taylor salt test kit has the same vial as the TF100. I am looking at both right now. Taylor part number 9198.
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/image ... 00x375.jpg
Here is a picture of the Taylor TA/CH test.....same vial (2 of them)
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/image ... 00x375.jpg
I could go on but you get the idea. :goodjob:

The standard Taylor vial, 9198, is marked up to 25 ml, even though it holds about 50 ml. The upper half is provided so that the test sample won't slosh out when you are swirling the vial to mix.

I just tested two of my Taylor vials against two other brands of vials and all four agree very very closely.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The ones that came with my TF-100 (that are 20% off) are different from the #9198. They have black 1ml graduations on the side. I'll check when I get home since I do have a Taylor kit with the #9198 cylinder.

I agree. My vials also have black markings (missing on the vials in the photos) up to 40 ml. That is the reason I stated that the vials in my kit are not Taylor 9198's. BTW my vials read about 10% low. When I place 25 ml of water in the vial it reads 27.5 ml. This will make the measurements read about 10% low. For example if you have a reading for CH of 400, the actual value will be 440.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.