Apr 24, 2014
St. Louis
Hey guys, I just have a couple of quick questions. My results are:

Cl 4
CC 0.5
TA 50
Ph 6.8
Cya 50

I have not closed my pool because I want to wait for the temp to drop, but I do have it covered with a solid cover due to the leaves dropping.

Questions:

1.Is that TA level ok?
My ph won't stay above 7.2, I will add borax and it will rise to around 7.2, but no further. It drops after about 10 days or so back to the 6.8 ish. I'm only adding liquid chlorine and a tab here and there. Should I just keep adding borax until I close or do I need to be adding something else.

2. Is it ok that my pool is covered while the pump runs here and there?
I just pull back a section where I can test water.

Thanks guys!

1. I would bump TA up to 70-90. PH may like it better there. Use baking soda. Then raise PH with the borax. See how the PH does there. The tabs will lower PH also. You want to increase levels in small steps and see how the things are. May PH is rock steady with a TA of 80, but that is my pool. Yours will be different.
2. Yes. I'm doing this right now till I pull the pump and filter. ?

About the only reason for your pH to drop is the use of tabs....more than you are indicating.

Use of Borax will raise pH and TA both.

Use Pool Math to calculate your dosages and stop using tabs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.