Help! DE fell into the pool!

Aug 14, 2008
While backwashing the filter we accidentally knocked the bucket of DE into the pool instead of the skimmer. There is now dust on the bottom of the pool - should I just keep brushing this into the drain? Will it ever go away and/or how long will it take? Is it safe to swim? Also wondering if I should backwash the filter again and add more DE into the skimmer? Help!!! I really appreciate anyone who can offer some advice! Thank you so much!!!

Is it a DE filter, or a sand filter you were adding some DE to?

Either way, I would probably vac it up... vac to waste if you have sand filter and can afford the water loss. Or vac and backwash frequently.

With a DE filter, just vac it up, no worries!

You want to backwash and add DE to the filter. Running it without enough DE can cause the grids to clog and require you to disassemble the filter to clean them.

Don't worry about the DE in the pool. Vacuum it or brush it to the drain. DE isn't dangerous unless it's in the air as a dust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.