Polaris 3900 left wheel not turning

Sep 28, 2014
Mobile, AL
My Polaris 3900 is 5 years old. (Yes, hindsight is 20-20) Rebuild by company rep in the spring, new hose, new backup valve. Working so-so since, but just was out cleaning my pool and saw the Polaris goes to the wall and just sets there. Lifted it out and saw the two wheels on the right are turning, the left one dead. The thing just keeps getting stuck on a wall or stair and sitting there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NanaRose

When out of the pool on the deck with no flow all wheels should turn with minimal resistance.

Since you had a recent rebuild I would look for something impeding the gears. If it is a chewed up gear then its time for another rebuild.

You might consider going with a robot. Higher initial cost but lower over time.

Ok. So it appears that the chain was not on properly. I took it apart and got it put back at on. Still having issues though. I am on my 2nd or 3rd backup valve and it appears that this one is bad too. It is constantly spraying water. Is there a reason why the valves keep going bad? I guess it could just be bad luck with the valves but I think it points to something being wrong. Any ideas??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.