Winterize pool in South

Apr 30, 2014
Lumberton,nc
Ok guys, I'm little confused on what's best to do. We live in NC and my fiance doesn't want to completely winterize like in the pool thread. He wants to keep the pump running year round. Is this something anyone else does? If so, do you still add any winterize chemicals even though we have SWG.?

The is something that most people do, including the owner of the forum who lives in Raleigh.
Really, there is no such thing as "winterizing chemicals".

Just maintain the chemistry as normal (might require adding bleach to supplement the SWG depending on how cold the water gets) and make sure the pump is running if the weather gets below freezing.

I thought about leaving my above ground open since we don't get hard freezes (Georgia). The only reason I decided to close is because when we do get cold weather, we also tend to lose power (more ice storms than snow around here). I did not want my pipes to freeze if we lost poser.

I thought about leaving my above ground open since we don't get hard freezes (Georgia). The only reason I decided to close is because when we do get cold weather, we also tend to lose power (more ice storms than snow around here). I did not want my pipes to freeze if we lost poser.

(great excuse to buy a generator)

I close mine (NC) because its expensive to pay for a pool that is of no use during 4 or 5 months. I'd rather spend my money on something I can use...like wine and beer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.